Anel is a highly experienced Clinical Psychologist and Mindfulness Facilitator with a broad base of both knowledge, training and practice. She has worked in a busy private practice in South Africa as well as hospitals, including Weskoppies Hospital and Sizwe Tropical Disease Hospital. Anel has trained extensively in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and Play Therapy, Child Psychotherapy and Family Therapy. She is a qualified Circle of Security psychologist , with a keen interest in the integration of insight-orientated psychotherapy and evidence-based behavioural and lifestyle interventions. Anel is passionate about her work with children, adolescents and families and she enjoys working with a broad range of presenting concerns - healing the whole child.
Anel has undertaken additional training in Psychoneuroimmunology and is a Master Nutrition Consultant. Alongside this, she has a keen interest in infant, parent-child and attachment based interventions and support.
- Bachelor Honours (Cum Laude), Psychology, University of South Africa
- Master of Arts, Psychology (Play Therapy), North-West University
- Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology, University of Pretoria
- Family Constellations Training (family therapy), University of Pretoria
- Clinical Child Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychodynamic Child Psychotherapy
- Circle of Security Parenting Certified Facilitator, COS International
- Theraplay Level 1 Therapist, Theraplay Institute
Memberships to Professional College/Boards & Credentials
- Registered Clinical Psychologist (NZ Psychologists Board)
- Institute for Psychodynamic Child Psychotherapy
© 2018 Totally Psyched, All Rights Reserved.