Dr Price is an experienced registered Clinical Psychologist who has worked with children, adolescents, families and adults in a range of settings providing a high level of specialist psychological assessment and treatment. Mnthali's warm and kind personality combined with her skills & knowledge makes her a highly successful and approachable therapist for teens, kids and adults alike.
Mnthali has a doctorate in clinical psychology, making her highly educated in understanding what and why we do what we do, then also what we can do to change those things that don't bring us or our loved ones the joy or peace we deserve.
Mnthali's experience includes working for the district health board community child, adolescent and family mental health service. she is also experienced in providing psychological assessment and treatment therapies to adults (including young adults) experiencing a wide range of psychological challenges. She is highly skilled in helping those experiencing a broad range of psychological problems including anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic, emotional dysregulation, trauma & abuse, depression, psychosis, using an evidence based approach. Mnthali is a very skilled group facilitator and has facilitated many evidence based programs for parents and young people (including 'The incredible years parenting program' & 'DBT skills group').
Mnthali has also completed specialist training in working with children and adolescents experiencing Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).
Mnthali has coached children's gymnastics for many years, including children with disabilities. her values as a therapist centre on providing people and their family/whānau with the chance to explore different, and more positive ways of living. she has implemented youth school-based anti-bullying initiatives, and supported youth exhibiting unhealthy sexual behaviour to live more positive, sexually healthy lives.
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours (double major in Psychology & Education)
- Price, M., Lambie, I., & Krynen, A. (2015). New Zealand adult internet child pornography offenders, Journal of Criminal Psychology, 5 (4), pp.262 – 278.
- Geertshuis, S. A., Cooper-Thomas, H. D., & Price, M. (2013). Appraisals of self and situation as determinants of upward influencing tactics. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43 (8), pp. 1563–1577.
- Lambie, I. & Price, M. (2013). Transitioning youth with sexually harmful behaviour back into the community. Journal of Sexual Aggression, 21 (2), pp. 244-265
Memberships to Professional College/Boards
- New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists
- Registered with the NZ Psychologists Board (Clinical Scope)
© 2018 Totally Psyched, All Rights Reserved.